Grim Muerto Review – Lots of Winning Combinations in a Modern-Looking Video Slot
A truly remarkable holiday is observed in Mexico every 2nd of November. Millions of people put on colourful outfits, paint their faces like skulls, and head to the local graveyards for a grand fiesta. During this “Day of the Dead”, one gets to honour their ancestors but also remind themselves about the circle of life.
If you can’t fly to Mexico to witness the unique event, Play’n GO’s Grim Muerto slot might be the most convenient substitute. This 2018 release captures the holiday’s essence by depicting it with colourful visuals, a merry soundtrack, and incredibly exciting features. Our review is the tour guide that will help you learn the ropes. Once ready, try the game and claim a casino bonus for an unforgettable real-money adventure!
Come Alive with the Grim Muerto Slot Game Features
The layout of the Grim Muerto slot machine features 5 reels and three rows. Payouts occur on 20 bet lines that are always active. Such a setup is incredibly common for modern video slots, so we did some grave digging to see if something surprising awaits underneath the surface.
“Marco siniestro” was the first thing that stood out. This feature highlights a random reel on every spin. If a Wild — a substitute for all normal symbols — appears on the marked spot, it expands to cover the entire column. As a result, the chances of getting a nice payout increase noticeably.
As we kept on playing, we realised that “Marco siniestro” pales in comparison to the multifunctional Scatter. These Grim Muerto slot symbols are depicted as a book with a skull on it and only appear on reels 1, 3, and 5. A trio of them will pay x10 your bet and start a bonanza round with 10 free spins. However, unlike most other games, getting two won’t leave you empty-handed.
Instead, you’ll see a quartet of skeletal mariachis appear on-screen to give you a second chance of landing the bonus. Pick the right one, and you’re in. If not, you might receive cash as consolation.
Active Boosts during the Bonus Stage
- Between 2-5 random reels are highlighted on each spin. Wilds that appear on them will expand.
- One of the bony musicians will turn into an extra Wild.
- A new “candle” Scatter will appear. One awards 3 extra spins, two grant 6, while three will cause the Grim Muerto Free spins to start over.
A Feel-Good Theme and Soundtrack
Don’t feel guilty if you start dancing after a big win in Grim Muerto. The Mexican people consider the Day of the Dead a time of celebration, as they believe that their deceased relatives and loved ones awaken to join the party. In accordance with their views, Play’n GO has made sure that every aspect of the Grim Muerto slot game is cheerful and energetic.
The fiesta begins with a lively soundtrack where one can hear guitars, trumpets, and the guitarrón — a giant acoustic bass. Take a look at the Wild in case you’re wondering how the big guitar looks. The rest of the symbols in the Grim Muerto slot are shaped like skeletons in traditional mariachi uniforms of different colours and playing card values from 10 to Ace.
The background looks like a big altar with lots of colourful crosses, skulls, and different ornaments. It’s a bit static, but several moving elements on and around the reels shake things up. Animations are smooth and satisfying.
A Beginner’s Guide on How to Play the Grim Muerto Slot
The button positioning of the version for computers/laptops isn’t as streamlined as newer Play’n GO slots. However, you shouldn’t worry too much if you’re new.
We’ll explain how everything works on desktop first as we have a dedicated mobile section near the end of the review. Use a Grim Muerto slot demo as you go, and you’ll become a master before you can say, “¡Ay, caramba!” Everything clickable is located at the bottom of the screen. We’ll outline each icon starting from left to right:
- Coin Value & Coins – These three buttons are for adjusting the size of your bet. It’s very important to set it up, especially when playing with real money. The total cost of one spin is displayed in the two “Bet” sections.
- Bet Max – Increases your wager to the maximum amount of coins but doesn’t change the coin value. Generally, you’ll want to avoid this Grim Muerto slot button.
- Spin & Auto Play – Clicking the former will spin the reels once. The latter allows you to set up a succession of spins that will go on their own.
- Paytable – Contains feature explanations with pictures and information about the bet lines and payouts.
- Fast play, sounds, general options, and help – a group of four buttons located in the left corner of the black bar at the bottom.
Claim a Tasty Bonus at These Grim Muerto Slot Casinos
Many online casinos offer Grim Muerto, but not all of them are equally good. For the best chances of winning (and withdrawing your payouts), you need to choose a licensed and respected operator that will greet you with a suitable welcome bonus. Below we’ve gathered a trio of venues that fit the bill perfectly and offer hundreds of quality games. Choose wisely, and good luck!
Grim Muerto Slot RTP Rate, Jackpot, and Odds
We really enjoy how the Grim Muerto slot is set up to pay. The probability of getting a winning spin — even if it’s lower than your bet — is close to 50%. This incredibly high value is mainly attributed to the fact that the five highest-paying symbols give coins for a 2-of-a-kind.
One would think that the game doesn’t have satisfying top rewards because of the high hit frequency. However, that’s not the case — aligning five Wilds on a payline awards 1,000 credits, while the jackpot is fixed to x2,500 your bet. However, the slot in the high volatility category. Those of you who are looking to play for longer should know that the Grim Muerto slot RTP rate sits at 96%.
The Successful Grim Muerto Slot Strategy and Tips
The key to any profitable session is to set goals and stay disciplined. Here’s how we approach gaming on slots:
- Set aside a cash budget that you can afford to lose. Consider it as your maximum allowance for a play session. Then, determine how much you’d like to win and keep it realistic. A 20% profit from a session is a nice target.
- Divide your allowance into 100 equal units and bet with them. You can also try a riskier hit-and-run strategy with 50 spins, as the Grim Muerto slot has a second chance when you get two Scatters.
- Call it a day once you’ve busted or reached your goals. Don’t chase losses. Ever.
What to Expect from the Grim Muerto Mobile Adaptation?
The Grim Muerto slot might not be the newest Play’n GO release, but it still functions flawlessly on smartphones and tablets. It has been crafted on HTML5, a software language that assures compatibility with any app or browser on both Android and iOS.
The developer cuts no corners when making mobile versions, meaning that the merry mariachi and every other sight and sound can be fully experienced on smaller screens. The sole difference we’ve noticed is that all the tiny buttons have been relocated into one big menu, leaving the “Spin” icon as the only other zone that you can tap.
Pure Gaming Excellence
Our final assessments rarely go without any criticism or warnings. Thus, the fact that we have nothing but praise for the Grim Muerto slot game truly says something. Its theme is original, the graphics are pretty, and the features stir excitement. Although the title scores high on the variance scale, winning spins come often.
If you find that hard to believe, feel free to try the Grim Muerto slot for yourself. Those who decide to join the real-money fiesta will do even better if they grab a casino bonus from the trusted operators on our list. Good luck, amigo!