Online Baccarat Simple To Play Hours Of Fun
Baccarat is one of the simplest card games to play online the software does all the hard work you just sit back and enjoy. The origins of the game go way back and it was the game of choice for French nobility. It made its way into casinos very early on and is played in every top class venue around the world. It is particularly popular in Macao where Asian high rollers gamble huge sums on the game. There are some crazy statistics around saying as much as 91% of Macao’s casino income comes from the game. This is maybe because the game is based on pure chance and luck plays an important part in the cultures of the Far East. Another aspect is the house edge is a very reasonable 1.06%. You can play baccarat for hours and not lose your shirt! The game is growing in popularity around the world and it is now very easy to find a baccarat casino UK players can join. Just about every online casino has at least one version of the game. There are three versions of the classic game Punto Banco, Chemin de Fer and Baccarat Banque played in land based casinos but online baccarat is mainly Punto Banco although it is simply known as baccarat.
Rules Of The Game
Although the game is completely automated understanding the rules of any game you wager money on is a must. The game is played the same in just about every baccarat casino UK players will visit but a quick check of house rules should be made before committing any money. On the face of things the game looks similar to blackjack. It’s not really as you have no decisions to make except which hand you bet on. But let’s start at the beginning.
The cards are valued as such
- Picture cards and tens are worth 0
- Aces are worth 1
- Cards from 2-9 are face value
The total of the cards added together is your score the best hand is a score of nine. No score goes above nine because if the total is double figures then only the right hand number counts. For example if a hand is 8 and 9 the total is 17 so the score is 7 the ten is dropped. If you have bet on the hand with the highest score you win. Simple. Not quite and things get a bit complicated with how many cards are dealt to make the total, this is all worked out by the software but it is good to understand so we will explain. But let’s go through the order of play. First you choose to bet on the bank’s hand to win, the player’s hand to win, or a tie. Then two cards are dealt to each hand face up. If either hand totals 8 or 9 it’s called a natural and the hand is over a winner determined and paid out. If there is no natural then the rather convoluted rules on which hand gets another card come into play.
Third Card Rules For The Player And Bank
- If the player’s hand is a total of 5 or less a third card is dealt to that hand
- If the player’s hand does not draw a third card and the bank’s hand is 6 or more the bank stands if its 5 or less the bank draws a third card.
- If the player draws a third card then the bank has to follow the next set of rules
- If the bank’s hand is a total of 2 or less a third card is dealt regardless of what the players third card is
- If the bank’ hand is a total of 3 the third card is dealt unless the players third card was an 8
- If the bank’s hand is a total of 4 the third card is dealt unless the player’s third card was a 0, 1, 8, or a 9
- If the bank’s hand is a total of 5 the third card is dealt if the player’s third card was a 4, 5, 6, or 7
- If the bank’s hand is a total of 6 the third card is dealt if the player’s third card was a 6 or 7
- If the bank’s hand is a total of 7 then no third card is dealt.
Confused? Well as said before the dealing rules are all taken care of by the software it’s just good to know how they work.
Payout Odds Are Pretty Good In A Baccarat Casino UK
If you bet on the player’s hand the standard payout is even money. If you choose the banker’s hand the payout is even money minus 5% house commission. If you bet on a tie the payout is either 8-1 or 9-1 usually. If a tie comes the bets on the player and bank hands carry over to the next hand. All of these rules are subject to the house and will be listed in the T&C’s of the game. Most baccarat games are played with an 8 deck shoe. Baccarat is a great game for the casino novice to play the house edge is very low for a game that has no skill involved. If you are a true fan of luck then baccarat is one game you should try for sure.
Not So Much Choice With Baccarat
The online versions of baccarat are not as varied as other card games online. The other two widely known versions of the game Chemin de Fer and Baccarat Banque lend themselves to live venues as they involve players taking over the responsibility of the bank not the casino. And let’s be clear on it the sums wagered by certain high rollers are massive. The casino will usually just take a rake off the banks wins and the games are normally played in private rooms. The popularity of baccarat online is growing but the scope for different versions is narrow, unlike blackjack which has many different rules that can be applied. There are few out there though that have a variety of side bets which can liven up the game a bit more. There is one version that is exclusive to the online world and that is progressive jackpot baccarat. Developed by Playtech this version allows a side bet to be placed in a pot which is run along similar lines as the usual progressive jackpot games. The difference is the bet is optional unlike a slot progressive that takes a portion of every wager. There are a number of ways to win there are rules on wager sizing but the payouts are:
- Player’s and banker’s hand matching suits Ace and eight pays the jackpot
- Player’s and banker’s hand suited Ace and eight different suits pays 10 000 x
- Player and banker Ace and eight pays 1 000 x
- Natural 9 pays 25x
- Natural 8 pays 20x
- Natural 7 pays 15x
- Natural 6 pays 10x
Pairs Side Bet
This is a side bet solely on pairs coming out:
- Perfect pair same suit same number pays 25-1
- Players pair same number any suit pays 11-1
- Bankers pair same number any suit pays 11-1
- Any pair a pair made from both hands pays 5-1
The Small Big Side Bet
This is a bet on the total of the two hands:
- Small if the total is 4 pays 3-2
- Big if the total is 5 or 6 pays 0.54 to 1
The Dragon Bonus
This one is a side bet on how much your hand wins by:
- Non-natural hand win by 9 pays 30-1
- Non-natural hand win by 8 pays 10-1
- Non-natural hand win by 7 pays 6-1
- Non-natural hand win by 6 pays 4-1
- Non-natural hand win by 5 pays 2-1
- Non-natural hand win by 4 pays evens
- Natural hand win pays evens
- Natural tie is a push
These side bets are turning up more and more at the moment the most prevalent are the pairs and big small side bets. The more people play online baccarat the more options will become available. There are even a few more like the sum bonus and the tie bonus that may or may not make it so the mainstream. Not so long ago the only baccarat you could play was straight forward Punto Banco. The casinos soon realized that the side bets can actually make them more money. The house edge on these side bets is considerably more than the normal. The online casino world is constantly evolving and it is a demand driven business. Because table space is not an issue in the virtual world if there is a market for a version of a game somebody will develop it. Baccarat has had a new least of life in the online casino long may it continue to live. A simple yet highly entertaining way to spend a few hours. Good luck and have fun.