Avalon 2 Slot Review – A Quest for Enormous Wins
Over the years, the Legend of King Arthur has been told in many different forms and Microgaming has brought it to the reels in the Avalon II slot. As the name suggests, the game is a sequel, and it has become one of Microgaming’s most popular titles. It is a feature-packed slot and in this Avalon 2 slot review, we shall take you through all that it has to offer so that you can discover why it has become such an enduring hit.
Best Avalon 2 Slot Casinos 2023
|Casino||Min Deposit||Regulation||Bonus*||Read More||Visit Site|
|Casumo||£10||UKGC, MGA||£300||Read Review||Play Now|
|* 18+. New UK customers only. Opt-in required. 20 Bonus Spins on "Book of Dead" and 100% Deposit Bonus up to £25 on first deposit. Min deposit £10. 30x wagering requirement for Bonus Spins and 30x wagering requirement for Deposit Bonus (game weighting applies). Max £5/spin or £0.50/line or £10/round (live casino). 30 days expiry. T&C’s Apply.|
The Legendary Story behind Avalon 2 Slot
The slot’s full title is “Avalon II: The Quest for the Grail”, and that is exactly what the theme is. The slot takes players through the story of King Arthur’s hunt for the Holy Grail, and along the way players will be introduced to a range of familiar figures from the tale, such as the Black Knight, Morgan, Guinevere, Merlin, and Arthur himself.
Avalon 2 Online Slot Offers Endless Bonus Features
Avalon II slot is a 5-reel game with 3 rows and 243 ways to win, meaning that there is no need to worry about paylines; wins are formed simply by landing enough matching symbols on adjacent reels. The slot’s high-value symbols are thematic and are the aforementioned characters from the legend, the Black Knight, Morgan, Guinevere, Merlin, and Arthur. The lower-value symbols are the regular royals 9 through to A.
The game’s logo is the wild symbol, and it will substitute for all of the symbols except for the bonus and scatter symbols. The Lady of the Lake is also a wild symbol; she can land on the middle reel, and when she does, she will expand to fill all positions. The scatter symbol is the Holy Grail itself.
The slot has a mini-bonus feature called the Merlin Bonus. On any spin, the magician may use his magic to grant you a random cash prize or multiplier.
The main bonus feature is called the Grail Quest and it begins whenever at least three Holy Grail scatter symbols land anywhere on the reels. There are six different games in the feature, and each time you trigger it, you progress to the next one. In order, the features are as follows:
- Lake of Legend – This is a dice game in which fragments of Excalibur (the famous sword) are shown with numbers attached. You get ten rolls of the dice to try to put the sword back together and simultaneously collect multipliers that equal the dice roll. For example, if you roll a 3, then you receive a x3 multiplier. If you roll a number that matches part of the sword, that fragment is added to the forge. If you complete the sword, then you receive a bonus payout of 15 times the bet in addition to the dice payouts.
- Misty Vale – You receive 15 free spins, before which you select a high-value symbol that becomes a wild for the feature. Wins to which that wild contributes are then doubled.
- Choose Your Path – Here you have the choice of three bonus games:
– Whispering Woods – The Mystical White Knight presents you with five shields to choose from, each worth between 10 and 160 times the bet. You are given two chances to change your mind.
– Forest Falls – You receive 20 free spins with trailing wilds. If you land a wild on the top or second row of symbols, it will then move down one row with each free spin leaving a trail of wilds behind it. The stack of wilds then locks in place for a free spin before dropping off the bottom.
– Dusky Moors – In this game, you have to find matching helmets to reveal multiplier prizes of up to 20 times the bet.
- Morgan’s Keep – You win 20 free spins complete with rolling reels. This means that winning combinations are removed to allow more symbols to drop from above. At the same time, each consecutive win from a single spin increases the multiplier to x2, x3, x4, x5 and then x6.
- Hall of Shadows – You go into battle against the Black Knight and win cash prizes for each successful strike or block.
- Isle of Avalon – In this final feature, you spin the Wheels of Avalon. The wheel is made up of four concentric rings, each with numbered segments — the numbers from each award a multiplier. To reach the fourth wheel, you need to land a 0 on the third.
You can most likely play Avalon 2 slot in demo mode at one of our recommended casinos, so that you can discover all of these exciting features for yourself.
The Holy Grail of Payouts
Avalon II does not offer a progressive jackpot. However, it offers some enormous fixed payouts that deserve to be called jackpots in their own right. For instance, in the bonus feature, it is possible to win up to 16,200 times your bet with the aid of the multipliers. The scatter symbol also offers payouts of up to 500 times the bet, which is not an insignificant amount.
Place Your Bet to Win Big in the Avalon 2 Online Slot
Before you spin the reels of the Avalon II slot, you will need to set your bet. There are two stages to this; you need to set your coin size and how many coins you wish to bet, which allows you to bet from 0.30 up to 7.50 per spin.
The paytable in Avalon 2 slot is dynamic, which means that as you adjust your bet, the values in the paytable are updated to show you how much you can win. Thanks to this, there is no need to do any complicated multiplication to work out what the potential payouts are.
Avalon II has a highly respectable RTP of 95.92%, which is just a shade below the average of 96%. Furthermore, it is a medium volatility slot, which means that it will payout reasonable-sized wins on a regular basis. The game reportedly has a hit frequency rate of 38.64%, meaning that just over 1 in 3 spins should produce a payout.
Amazing Animations Bring the Tale to Life
The theme of King Arthur is beautifully brought to life in Avalon 2 slots with some fantastic graphics and animations. The reels are set against a scenic background, complete with mysterious-looking pillars. Furthermore, there are some excellent animations built into the game, especially when one of the high-value symbols forms a win or a bonus feature is triggered. At the same time, a suitably stirring soundtrack accompanies every spin of the reels.
Enjoy Avalon 2 Slot on the Go
The Avalon 2 slot game was originally developed in Flash; however, Microgaming has since updated it to run on HTML5. This means that it is compatible with all modern platforms and players are able to enjoy it on desktop, mobile and tablet with ease. The game can be loaded directly in a web browser and there is no need to install any special software or apps.
A True Treasure of an Online Slot
It is hard to find fault with Avalon II. The game is superbly designed, and the abundance of bonus features will keep you spinning the reels in an attempt to experience them all. At the same time, the slot’s regular payouts will help keep your bankroll topped up so that you can keep on playing. Anybody who is interested in the Arthurian legend and enjoys slot bonuses is sure to love this game.
What Is Avalon 2’s Top Payout?
The top payout from the bonus feature is an impressive 16,200 times your bet if you are lucky with the multipliers. On any regular spin of the reels, you could hit a payout of 500x if you land the right symbols.
What Type of Bonus Features Does Avalon 2 Offer?
The slot is packed with bonuses, so there is something for everyone. The game includes free spins, rolling reels, payout multipliers, picking games, and more, which is why every spin of the reels is so exciting.
What Are the Downsides of Playing Avalon 2 Slot?
There are no serious downsides. The slot’s weakest point is its paytable, which looks dated, and some players will not like the way it updates as the bet is adjusted.